It’s the last day of January and the snow and cold testify of winter’s presence. As I’ve mentioned before, I enjoy the relative sleepiness of the Finger Lakes in winter. Everyone slows down and stays at home more. I certainly do. This is when I read a lot, reflect on my life, make plans, practice piano, write, watch movies, and generally feed my soul.
In the hope of encouraging others to enjoy life, I want to share a few habits that help me every day.
- Good coffee made in a Chemex
- multivitamins/ supplements in a weekly pill box
- Smoothie for breakfast
- Bullet journaling
- Eat greens, especially kale
- Read (an article, a poem, a chapter or several)
- Listen to music, especially new music
- Sleep enough
- Enjoy light from sun, moon and candle
What habits keep you going this time of year?